The New Year is here, and many people are busy thinking about their goals for 2024. Health-related goals are often popular, and for good reason! Remember, the journey toward better health doesn’t have to include a massive lifestyle overall. Even small changes can greatly impact your vitality, strength and overall quality of life. Here are seven ways that seniors can improve their health and well-being in the year to come.
- Get moving. Staying active throughout the way goes a long way for your health. Whether it’s a walk in nature, a yoga session, or gardening in the backyard, exercise has many health benefits, no matter your age.
- Eat the rainbow. A well-balanced is a great way to help yourself feel healthy and energetic. Try to incorporate a rainbow of fruits and vegetables every day. Choose whole grains and lean proteins.
- Sip, sip, sip. Are you drinking enough water? Maintaining proper hydration helps keep your body functioning at its best.
- Build connections. Whether it’s a lunch date with a longtime friend, a meeting with a book club or visiting the grandkids, connections with those we care about helps our mental and emotional health. Prioritize time with those you love.
- Exercise your mind. Keep your cognitive skills sharp by engaging in activities that challenge your brain, such as puzzles or learning a new skill.
- Catch some ZZZs. Sleep is the cornerstone of a healthy body and mind. Try to get to sleep at the same time every night and strive for 6-8 hours.
- Schedule your check-ups. Regular check-ups are one way you can keep your health in tip-top shape. Don’t forget to schedule yours for 2024!
How Touchstone Can Help
Touchstone Communities offer skilled nursing and short-term care, long-term care, memory care and rehab for seniors. Our expert team of caregivers is skilled in helping our patients and residents live healthy, fulfilling lives. Contact Touchstone Communities for more information on how we help seniors improve their health, or call 210.828.5686 today.